Ally can integrate with Salesforce reports to automatically update your OKRs in Allys. Say, for example, you have a Salesforce report used to track converted leads, with a goal in mind to increase the value of converted leads to a certain amount. By implementing a Salesforce integration, you can save yourself the hassle of repeatedly going back and forth between your report and Ally to update your progress: Ally will sync the values for you and chart your progress toward the goal, thus saving time while keeping your OKRs current.
An admin can set up the Salesforce integration on Ally. To do so:
- Navigate to Ally’s integrations page through Admin -> Integrations.
- ‘Enable’ the Salesforce integration.
- Click on ‘New Connection’ and in the popup that follows, sign into your Salesforce account. Next, configure Salesforce connections that can be used by Ally users to link their OKRs and update progress.
4. Click ‘Next’ to finish the setup
Ally allows you to connect with multiple Salesforce accounts. Click ‘New connection’ to add another and differentiate them using names. These names are displayed to members when they link their OKRs to Salesforce reports.
Using Salesforce Integration
Once the setup is complete, users in your organization can link the success of their OKRs directly to fields in Salesforce reports.
- While creating (or editing) an Objective or Key Result, click on ‘Add an integration’.
- Select KPI as a measure of success.
- From the list of integrations, pick Salesforce.
4. Next, select the Connection, if multiple exist and link a report to the objective. To do so, search for the name of the report.
5. Select a field: Choose the field you would like to designate as the measure of success. The available fields will vary based on the configuration of the report selected.
In the example below, the user is using the sum of amount as a goal from the ‘All Opportunities’ report in Salesforce. This will allow her to link this value to an objective like ‘Add $5000 in new opportunities this quarter.’
5. Hit next to finish and save your OKR. You should now see a Salesforce icon next to the OKR. The OKR will sync automatically every hour, but you can refresh it manually by clicking on ‘refresh’.
The colors of the progress bars indicate the status of the Objective.
- If the progress is 0-25% less than expected progress at any point in time, the status is Behind (orange)
- If the progress is over 25% less than expected progress at any point in time, the status is At-Risk (red)
Learn more about Ally’s other integrations here.