Ally can integrate with Asana projects to automatically update your OKRs in Ally. Say, for example, you are a marketer using an Asana board to keep track of the blog posts you want to publish. You would set an objective to complete a certain number of blog posts within the time period. Use the Asana integration to easily keep track of completed posts. Ally will sync the values for you and chart your progress toward the goal, thus saving time while keeping your OKRs current.
An admin can set up the Asana integration on Ally. To do so:
- Navigate to Ally’s integrations page through Admin -> Integrations.
- ‘Enable’ the Asana integration.
- Click on ‘New Connection’ and in the popup that follows, sign into your Asana account. Next, configure Asana connections that can be used by Ally users to link their OKRs and update progress.
4. Click ‘Next’ to finish the setup
Ally allows you to connect with multiple Asana accounts. Click ‘New connection’ to add another and differentiate them using names. These names are displayed to members when they link their OKRs to Asana projects.
Using Asana Integration
Once the setup is complete, users in your organization can link their OKRs to Asana projects.
- While creating (or editing) an Objective or Key Result, click on ‘Add an integration’.
- From the list of integrations, pick Asana.
3. Next, select the Connection, if multiple exist, and link a project to the objective. To do so, select the name of the project.
4. You can further filter the list of tasks by selecting tasks assigned to a user or pick tasks with a specific status.
In the example below, we are counting the number of completed blog posts.
5. Hit next to finish and save your OKR. You should now see an Asana icon next to the OKR - now Ally will automatically count up the finished blog posts. The OKR syncs automatically every hour, but you can refresh it manually by clicking on ‘refresh’.
The colors of the progress bars indicate the status of the Objective.
- If the progress is 0-25% less than expected progress at any point in time, the status is Behind (orange)
- If the progress is over 25% less than expected progress at any point in time, the status is At-Risk (red)
Learn more about Ally’s other integrations here.